Tanera features in 'Scotland the Best'
23 February 2012
It’s been a wet and windy start to 2012 up in the north west, but the news that we have been included in the latest edition of Peter Irvine's acclaimed guidebook 'Scotland the Best' has brightened us inwardly!
The book, which is republished every two years, is considered the definitive guide to Scotland. It lists the best of everything from Edinburgh bars to scenic drives to the best cafes and Islands! Pete came to visit Tanera's cafe last summer, and we're delighted that he chose to include a photo of Lizzie and Rich at the entrance to the café in the very select photo spread in the centre of the book.
We are in the ‘Magical Islands’ section alongside such colossus as Jura, Iona and St Kilda. A great accolade for wee Tanera Mór and an association which we hope will continue for many a year to come. Pete’s entry for Tanera concludes; “They also have their own summer Isles stamps (yes, they do!) Climb their hill, Meall Mór, or just chill. Theirs is truly an Island life.” We couldn’t have put it better ourselves.
- 19/06/2017 New chapter for Tanera
- 31/03/2017 Island Music - live!
- 26/02/2016 Island Music - released today
- 29/10/2015 Tanera 2016 - a special offer for early booking.
- 22/10/2013 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 05/05/2013 Tanera Mor for sale...
- 27/01/2013 Hebridean sheep wintering on Tanera
- 22/11/2012 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 28/09/2012 The future of Tanera
- 11/06/2012 Wildfire sweeps accross Tanera