It's all too beautiful
16 November 2011
So. Here in the north west Highlands, here in this 'drowned landscape', we are having a November drought. It hasn't rained for two whole weeks. (Unless you count a few minutes on Sunday morning, and I don't.)
We've been doing a fair bit of work - looking for the leak in the Island's water system (excellent fun), collecting rubbish off the beaches (genuinely excellent fun) and dealing with the astonishing influx of bookings for next Autumn's knitting retreat (so much interest that we've had to make another week!)
But it would be heretical to let this weather pass and not go out and play in it. So that's what we did today. Just for the afternoon. And it was lovely. I put some photos up on our facebook page, but here's a taster:
I'll add some more photos of our spectacular beach-cleaning efforts shortly, when Rich's usefully enormous cousin sends them to me...
- 19/06/2017 New chapter for Tanera
- 31/03/2017 Island Music - live!
- 26/02/2016 Island Music - released today
- 29/10/2015 Tanera 2016 - a special offer for early booking.
- 22/10/2013 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 05/05/2013 Tanera Mor for sale...
- 27/01/2013 Hebridean sheep wintering on Tanera
- 22/11/2012 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 28/09/2012 The future of Tanera
- 11/06/2012 Wildfire sweeps accross Tanera