BBC Scotland Series to feature Tanera
18 October 2010
Tanera is to feature in an upcoming BBC Scotland Series, 'Making Scotland's Landscapes', presented by Dr Iain Stewart. The series starts on Sunday 24th October, at 8:00 pm on BBC Scotland, and runs for 5 episodes. Tanera is due to feature in episode 2, to be aired on Sunday 31st October, at 8:00 pm.
The focus of episode 2 is the 'Land' and in particular the work and legacy of conservationist Frank Fraser Darling who was resident on Tanera for a number of years in the 1930/40s. A film crew visited Tanera in July and spent an afternoon at Tigh-an-Quay, much of which was concerned with getting just the right shot of the MV Patricia (skippered by Rich) dropping Dr Iain on the pier. Its not the easiest pier in the world to come alongside, solo, and with a rapidly falling tide, but hopefully my endeavours will be rewarded with a few brief moments on fame! Tune in for what promises to be an interesting and evocative series; some good autumnal Sunday evening viewing.
Oh, and two books written by Frank Fraser Darling (Island Years which tells of his time on islands including Priest Island, and Island Farm about his time on Tanera) are going to be re-published in 2011 (to mark the centenary of his birth), alongside a series of Summer Isles stamps featuring photos from his time on Tanera... watch this space.
- 19/06/2017 New chapter for Tanera
- 31/03/2017 Island Music - live!
- 26/02/2016 Island Music - released today
- 29/10/2015 Tanera 2016 - a special offer for early booking.
- 22/10/2013 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 05/05/2013 Tanera Mor for sale...
- 27/01/2013 Hebridean sheep wintering on Tanera
- 22/11/2012 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 28/09/2012 The future of Tanera
- 11/06/2012 Wildfire sweeps accross Tanera