New roof for the sailing school
11 March 2010
Last week, just moments before a heavily snow laden north-easterly gale hit, we put the finishing touches on the new sailing school roof. We now have a clear, dry and weather-proof space to use for the storage of equipment; changing rooms for sailors; an indoor teaching area; and a place to sit eat and lunch and warm up after a morning on the water.
The design follows from Steve Husband’s original construction, and indeed utilises the walls he erected back along. We’ve increased the strength and rigidity of the structure with a good number of 4 by 2s and re-sheeted the roof with translucent fibre glass, thus retaining the light and airy feel of the place, but with the added benefit of keeping everything dry!
Come and see it for yourself; weather allowing, we hope to be on the water from early May with the local Coigach kids, from which point we’ll also be offering fun days and the more structured RYA dinghy sailing qualifications and power-boating courses. For more info check out the Sailing School page.
- 19/06/2017 New chapter for Tanera
- 31/03/2017 Island Music - live!
- 26/02/2016 Island Music - released today
- 29/10/2015 Tanera 2016 - a special offer for early booking.
- 22/10/2013 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 05/05/2013 Tanera Mor for sale...
- 27/01/2013 Hebridean sheep wintering on Tanera
- 22/11/2012 John Muir Trust work party on Tanera
- 28/09/2012 The future of Tanera
- 11/06/2012 Wildfire sweeps accross Tanera