The Summer Isles Sailing School has a number of boats available for hire by those with suitable experience and or the relevant RYA qualifications – please contact us if you are in any doubt. All boats and accompanying equipment are located on or by Rosslyn Pier at the southern end of the Island.
Summer Isles Boat Hire - 2012 Price Schedule
|Type of Boat||Max number of persons||Hourly Rate||Half Day Rate||Daily Rate||Comments|
|Sea Kayak||1||£7||£17.50||£25||Previous experience necessary.|
|Topper Sailing Dinghy||2||£10||£20||£30||RYA Level 2 Certificate or similar required.|
|Topaz Sailing Dinghy||2||£10||£20||£30||RYA Level 2 Certificate or similar required.|
|Wayfarer Sailing Dinghy||5||£15||£30||£40||RYA Level 2 Certificate or similar required.|
* Discounts are available for those staying in any of the Island’s Holiday Cottages.
- All participants are required to wear a lifejacket at all times when on the water, and as deemed appropriate helmets when in sailing dingys.
- The necessary qualifications for hire are available through The Summer Isles Sailing School – please click here for details.
- The boat owners accept no liability in event of accident or injury.
- The hiring of all craft is subject to availability and the teaching requirements of The Summer Isles Sailing School.
- Craft rental for an entire week is available, and will be charged at 5 times the respective daily rate.
- If safety boat cover, including a qualified operator, is deemed necessary it will be charged at £120 per day.
- All participants must be competent swimmers.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an experienced adult at all times.
- Please note the prices above DO NOT include passage to and from the island, for further information please see Ferry Services.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT at 20%.
For further information please contact:
Tel: 01854 622 252